As a comprehensive community college, DACC is dedicated to creating a supportive atmosphere conducive to student success, workforce readiness, and lifelong learning.
The DACC faculty and staff are committed to making higher education accessible to all members of our community. Classes meet throughout the day, as well as online, and at campuses throughout the county. Our career programs provide opportunities for hands-on training in the laboratory and on-the-job training in the field. Support services such as skills assessments, financial aid, tutoring, and job searches and interview preparation also are available to students.
DACC Dental Assisting Program students ready to start a challenging semester at our Central Campus.
Career programs through our Business and Information Systems, Health and Public Services, and Technical and Industrial Studies instructional divisions are designed to help make students competitive in the workforce. Students gain technical skills required for twenty-first century jobs that have the benefits of good incomes, challenging work, and opportunities for advancement.
The community college supports many other educational goals, as well:
- Through our Adult Basic Education program, citizens can earn a high school equivalency credential.
- Courses in General Studies help students acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for college success and can lead to the completion of an Associate Degree.
- Dual credit courses afford high school students the opportunity to earn college and high school credit at the same time.
- Short courses offered through our Community Education program are available for personal enrichment.
- The Customized Training program provides educational offerings tailored to meet the needs of employees of local businesses.
- The Small Business Development Center offers guidance to prospective and current small business owners and managers.